Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mixed Landscape Tutorial






Original photos. From here I decided to use the beach as my background and use the photo of the mountains to come into the picture.



  
Using the rectangular marquee tool I selected the photo of the mountains and copied and pasted it onto the photo of the beach.



Using ctrl+t I am able to use the transform tool to scale my picture to my liking. Use shift+alt while transforming so the photo doesn’t become distorted.


Using the opacity tool just above layer 1 I lower the opacity of the photo of the mountains to help me edit the photo.

 Now, I click on the lock on the background so that I can erase some of the beach background and help the mountains blend in.


On layer 1 I erase the sky from layer 1 around the mountain so that the sky from layer 0 takes up the whole sky.



From here I begin to erase the mountain so that I can reattach it at a better angle.



I use the quick selection tool on the original photo of the mountains so that I can copy and paste the mountain individually.


Again I press crtl+t to use the transform tool to scale and turn my mountain so that I can put it on the edge of the mountainside.

Now that my mountain is in position I can use the clone stamp tool to add some finishing touches to help the mountainside blend in with the beach. Use alt to select the place you wish to clone and then apply the brush to the area.


Finished product. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment