Thursday, September 20, 2012

1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First, I had to find different light areas and trace the basic image. Next, I did the hair and shaded it and made it look better. Lastly, I shaded the neck/face and I was done.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I traced what I could see with my eyes right away. I also held it up to the window and traced those values. I also switched between the paper and the wax to see if I could see anything else.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
Yes, because the ends of her hair were the darkest I could make them. I made the face and neck slightly lighter. The top of the head was very light, I barely touched it.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I think it was pretty neat. I executed it well and I can see the resembelance between her and the drawing. I think it looks pretty good.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
I had to overcome the mouth looking uneven. I had to overcome not being able to see the values. I also overcame making the glasses look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment